Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) on Cooperation with the Faculty of Industrial Engineering at the Deputy of Research and Technology of Sharif University of Technology
Pasargad Energy Development Company, in line with its core values and strategy in developing partnerships with the scientific and research institutions, signed a memorandum of understanding with the Sharif University of Technology - faculty of industrial engineering, in research week on December 21, 2019 in order to promote mutual research, industrial and educational collaborations in the field of industrial and systems engineering. We firmly believe that developing Iran’s energy industry with the aid of Iranian talents and outstanding professors of our leading universities would be quite possible, and it would be our responsibility to promote university-industry collaboration.
This Memorandum was signed by Mr. MirMoezi, CEO of PEDC, Dr. Movahedi, research and technology deputy of Sharif University of Technology, and Dr. Mohammad Reza Akbari, dean of the faculty of industrial engineering. The main themes of this joint memorandum are as follows:
- Providing practical management and engineering trainings to develop our human capital capabilities for running our core business effectively and efficiently
- Conducting applied research and providing consultancy services, aligned with PEDC organizational goals, in order to solve our problems including defining organizational improvement initiatives, management systems optimization, etc.
- Conducting unique order-based research as well as defining PEDC research projects in the form of undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral projects
- Promoting science and technology by providing scholarships to students
- Apprenticeships, holding university-industry meetings in order to exchange reciprocal experiences, conducting general and specialized visits for university students and faculty members
- Providing research grants to faculty members
- Supporting university students and faculty members’ new ideas and startups in the field of energy
- Supporting the development of university’s educational and research infrastructures